Is Online Learning is As Good As Face-To-Face Learning Experience?
Recently, Offline and Online modes of learning and teaching both are available. It’s totally depended upon the individual which mode of learning he wants to prefer. One side having numerous students in the same classroom help them to exchange their ideas as well opinions freely with each other leads towards valuable learning medium that online learning cannot replicate. Offline learning promotes two levels of socialization among the students via group discussions and team projects.
On other side, if i consider fast paced life, nowadays students struggle to balance between academics as well as co-curricular activities e-learning offers a flexible environment for them. Preference of individuals for enrolling themselves for online degree programs has risen as compare to earlier. All this happened due to COVID-19 pandemic. The world is pandemic challenges and adjusting ourselves towards e-learning environment is a great choice. From offline classes to online classes, seminars to online exams and in some cases online graduation even universities in abroad also have programs which are fully online for domestic students which automatically weigh up against face to face education. Not only e-learning have given flexible environment but it also declines our daily expenses in case of travelling as well as save our time.
Well, I am going to discuss both advantages as well as disadvantages of e-learning before giving my final conclusion that e-learning is as good as face to face learning or far better than this.
Advantages of Online Learning
- One of the most important advantages of e-learning is that you can save your time as well as money. You can schedule time of taking online courses according to the time which is most convenient to you whether in morning or evening. You can save your time and money in transportation.
- You can choose your learning path and study as per your choice. Like this you become more motivated as well as invested in the course.
- Through online learning not only students save their money, even most of the educational institutions save money through this set up because there is no need of physical classroom or electricity which translates to reduced monetary spending.
- If I considered about the environment friendly than online learning is environment friendly because it doesn’t contribute to the pollution brought by paper production.
- E-learning provides more control to the students over their learning potential.
- Pursuing a degree online means that you have access to your own dashboard.
- Students can have a look at their course material and assignments, take parts in discussions. Moreover, they can have a look at recorded lessons and access podcasts, videos on demand.
- Webinars, virtual study sessions and other live events such as Q & As now an integral part of online curriculums.
- Learn to self – management as well as work in a virtual setting.
Cons of Online Learning
- No direct interaction with the tutors and peers.
- Online learning weighs up against face to face education.
- Online portals cannot replicate traditional learning approaches.
- Face to face interactions turn into face to screen interactions.
- The assessments that are computer marked generally have a tendency of only knowledge based not practically based.
- Projects accomplished on online learning have more chances of completed by another person instead of the student to who task assigned.
- In online learning you spend most of time in listening podcasts, watching videos and looking at slide presentations. There’s no hand on experience like conduct experiments.
- Focuses more on theory instead of experiments.
E-Learning is modern way of learning that requires only a gadget and internet access. But is not for everybody. It’s totally depending upon you whether you want to prefer e-learning or not.